300 RUM Reamer Spec

Earnhardt

I've had pretty good luck so far with my Factory Rem 700 Sendero 300 RUM

When the time comes for a new barrel (or maybe sooner) I'm wondering what you 300 RUM guys are using for a reamer?
SAAMI Spec?

The Throat my 700 Sendero has has plenty of freebore to seat the bullets out (yes, I'm using it as a single shot) Does Remington use the SAMMI spec reamer? Or are they using there own reamer spec for their 300 RUM's?

Neck turning or standard neck?

Thanks

300 RUM is my favorite 30 cal factory option!!!
yes remington is using a sammi reamer
almost anyone building new customs have their own min spec match reamers
when you do build on it have a wyatts CFE-9 installed in your action and ask the gunsmith to throat it accordingly for this extra mag space with the bullets of your choosing!

Elk Hunter 338 says it best. To be a little more specific...make sure the throat dimensions on your reamer are around .3084-.3085" at the largest. This promotes excellent bullet alignment with the bore even when brass concentricity isn't perfect. Have it throated specifically for the bullet you are using

I had one made by Pacific Tool and Gauge. Dave told me through some research they found out that the 300 RUM shot better with a throat angle that was not their usual 1 1/2 degree. I am happy with the results.

I happened to help a friend with his Proof Research in 300 RUM which was also easy to work up a load and shot very accurately, just like mine. I called Proof to ask about action torque and complemented them on their rifle that shot so well. Asked about the reamer and discovered I had the exact same reamer they use!

If you are interested in knowing more PM me.

I had one made by Pacific Tool and Gauge. Dave told me through some research they found out that the 300 RUM shot better with a throat angle that was not their usual 1 1/2 degree. I am happy with the results.

I happened to help a friend with his Proof Research in 300 RUM which was also easy to work up a load and shot very accurately, just like mine. I called Proof to ask about action torque and complemented them on their rifle that shot so well. Asked about the reamer and discovered I had the exact same reamer they use!

If you are interested in knowing more PM me.

Glad it worked out and you're happy. He told me the same thing when I designed my RUM reamer. I did .3084" with .5" long throat. Great for speed but is finicky with certain bullets

Here is a SAAMI reamer print.......

Attachments

• 300 RUM JGS #3795.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 293
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.