300 RUM mag box

BountyHunter

Lucked into a stock, action and barrel at super deal and all the gunsmithing. I am building a 300 RUM. The action is a 700 long action without any bottom metal.

700 LA
Joel Russo A5
1-10 twist Lilja 30" 1.25 tapered to .975

What mag box should I use for the 300 RUM? Have bunch of 200 accubonds on the way as the desired bullet.

Is it the standard 700 long action magnum box or go ahead or just go get a Wyatts and which one?

BH

I changed a 700 BDL 7mag to a 300 UM and I had to get a UM box to get them to feed. Installed the new box and fed just like it's supposed to.
Hope that answers your ??

Go to brownells and order in a Wyatts Extended Window box magazine for the Rem 700. It will give you additional length so you can get the bullets out where they should be. Max internal box length is 3.820" so its much longer then the 3.675" factory box.

The receiver needs some easy milling at the rear of the mag well and the bolt stop needs some taken off it for increased bolt throw and the bottom metal will need to be modified slightly but all this is VERY easy to do.

Some stocks do not need to have the mag well extended some do but that is easy as well.

When finished there is no sign that the rifle is anything other then original.

Again, this is not a hard job with any size milling machine.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.