300 rum - load development round 2

DoubleGobble00

After using the 8133 in my last post, I switched to H1000 to see if I could gain velocity with less pressure. Apparently, my gun likes the H1000. I gained velocity over the 8133 and had less pressure. I'm still getting some primer flow near max but it wasn't as bad. I was really impressed with how tight the group was while shooting from 86.5 to 90 grains... it was really stacking them tight for sure a wide range of powder. I think this gun is going to be a shooter.

300 RUM
1x Nosler brass
H1000
230 Berger
215 M primer
0.10 off lands
200 yards

DoubleG

My 300 RUM runs right at 2960 FPS with 87 Gr. H1000 and 210 VLD in a Rem case and F215M primer. It is my goto load and shoots well to way out there.
Looks like the exact same results you have with 87 Gr. in the pic.
I think it is a good place to be.

Are you guys getting good ES with that much room left in a 115 grain case?

As crazy as it might seem, yes. I can hear the powder shanking in there. Couple weeks ago, I took two shoots at 789 yards on a rock. Vertical was nonexistent and the two shoots were 5" apart. I don't even worry about 3 shot groups or anything. It can pretty much stack them up.

Thanks for info. I've been so impressed with accuracy. I'm going to try 87-88.5 in hopes of getting good accuracy and 3000 FPS if possible.

I haven't tried Retumbo yet. I read how some ppl had problems with it spiking in pressure suddenly near max. That kind of steered me away from it but I know it performs well. I might had to try it too

More people run H1000 than you think due to better accuracy with the slightly faster powder. I have run Retumbo with good speed but have better accuracy with H1000. H1000 supposedly gives better barrel life in the RUM also because it runs cooler. I used to run 200 Accubonds at 3200 with Retumbo.

I'll probably try Retumbo just for the faster velocity. I also want a 200 AccuBond Load.

The 230s at 3100 or more would be ideal.

I run Retumbo and it works great in my 300 rum and 7 rum. The 212 eld-x work great but COAL is to long to fit in any mag. You have to seat them deeper so they will fit the mag. Otherwise you will have a great single shot. I can hold a 5in.group at 1k with H&H precision rifle and retumbo.

I run Retumbo and it works great in my 300 rum and 7 rum. The 212 eld-x work great but COAL is to long to fit in any mag. You have to seat them deeper so they will fit the mag. Otherwise you will have a great single shot. I can hold a 5in.group at 1k with H&H precision rifle and retumbo.[/QUOTE

Try a Wyatt's magizima box then you can seat them a lot longer.

1475698786093.jpg

27" Broughton barrel
Load velocity determined by Magnetospeed V2

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.