300 RUM brass

I've been shooting nosler lately. Got it when that was the only thing I could get my hands on and hopefully got enough to finish this barrel out. My Remington brass had 5-6 firings and I was having to glue primers in. It's nice brass to work with but admittedly, I don't have enough firings on it to say how the primer pockets will hold up. Some say Remington lasts longer and others say the opposite... Time will tell. Defensive edge is having bertram brass made with the .338 edge head stamp that is supposed to be the highest quality available. A guy could pick some of that up and neck it down. I almost did but figured I probably didn't have enough life left in my barrel to justify it. Norma is pretty much the same as nosler I think too. If you can find it, it's usually a bit cheaper. Good luck.

mudrunner why do you put nosler ahead of Norma and Hornady not arguing just wonder in what aspects did you see differences ?

Nosler brass is made by Norma. However, once Nosler gets the brass from Norma, they size it, trim it, chamfer & deburr the necks, deburr the flash holes, and weight-sort the brass, and they clean it, and polish it up...That way you have ALOT of prep work already done for you. It is literally ready to load up out of the box. This is why despite them being made by the same company, the Nosler brass is worth the extra money. Norma does not do this to their brass. Lapua is the only brass that beats Nosler...But their caliber/cartridge list is nowhere near as long as Nosler's is.

My top 2 brands are Lapua, and Nosler...But I've used just about every other brand of commonly-branded brass here in the states. I have not used Bertram or RWS. And the only surplus/Mil brass I shoot is Lake City 5.56 that I use for my AR's and cut some up to make .300 BLK brass.

Since the corporate criminals that now run Big Green have figured out how to make their profit line bigger, shooters don't really have much choice, you want their brass your going to have to buy loaded factory shells to get it, got a couple of buddies who just had to do it, they sorta got us by the Sacagawea so to speak !! The part that really disturbes me the most is their use of the words "seasonal item"... Crooks, I own at least 10-700's but will never buy a thing from them again, ever !!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.