Federal 300 RUM Brass vs Remington RUM Brass

dwm

A year or so ago I bought some of the Federal 300 RUM brass (bulk primed cases) that was being discussed on this forum for use in my 7MM RUMs. I have not used any of the Federal brass yet and would like to know if anyone has compared this brass to the Remington (7MM) RUM brass. How much different is it than the Remington brass?

Are you looking for case capacity for velocity/pressure ideas or just overall toughness? Some people believe weighing the cases side by side after trimming tells you which case has less capacity. But, the best way is trim them and put in a primer and fill them with water and see which case holds more water.
If I was to bet which is "tougher" and will give more loadings my bet would be the rem brass.

I've been buying bulk federal primed from Natchez in other calibers.....I'm happy with it...makes a quick reload for shooting just that.....QUICK. And economical.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.