300 RUM brass

Wow, looks like they pay pretty good for aluminum out there in CA. Good idea. Thanks for responding.

Thank you, Long Bomber. I appreciate the info. Did you in fact measure the thickness of your Nosler brass? I have heard some negatives on that brass that has made me leary, but I'd really like to try it.
Yup measured with micrometer. On the last 50 I got the case necks were almost all .010 to 0.011" thick, I had 11 cases that were .012. I ran them over my digital scale, the cases were all within 0.7gr. Just for reference my remington brass was all 0.015-0.018" neck thickness and was about 3 grains different in weight.

I have a few remington cases that have been loaded 11 times and one that has been loaded 21 times... it was an experiment. That case is now retired, maybe I should mount it, as it seems like a fluke it went that long! My rum is a lilja barreled 700, with a min-spec chamber and a no-turn neck. I neck size my brass untill they need a shoulder bump, and anneal every 3rd or 4th loading. I don't size my brass much at all so that may help my case life.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.