300 RUM 210 bergers

Gurnz

I'm sure this has already been discussed but was wondering if it was possible to fit 210 bergers in a 300 RUM magazine. Considering bergers like little to no jump are they going to fit in the magazine? What would be required to make them fit? Thanks for any help

order a wyatt extended box magazine.

Product SPECS: Stainless steel. Capacity: ADL - 3 rounds, BDL - 2 rounds. Extended - 3.91" (9.62cm) long. Long Window Box 3.91" long. Fits Remington 700 long action. Short Window Box 3.06" (7.6cm) long. Fits Remington 700 short action. WSM - Standard - 2.95" (7.5cm) long, fits 700 short action and Model 7. Extended - 3.06" (7.6cm) long, fits 700 short action. Capacity two rounds. M-70 3.82" (9.7cm) long, fits Winchester Model 70 long action. Capacity three rounds.
You will have to modify your bolt stop, it takes about hour with some good bits and a dremel. Thats what I did to mine. Works like a charm.

What that didn't tell you is the inside length is 3.825 inches, so from the base of your brass to the tip of your bullet "3.825"
Hope that helps you

My rifle is a sendero that has the open magazine....so to speak and no I didn't have to do anything to the stock, am not sure if you would have to do anything to those that have the hidden magazine box. You might want to email wyatt and ask. Hopefully if I can sell my sendero and get a lighter more pack friendly gun I would not hesitate to do it to my next gun. I am planning on getting a 7MM Rem Mag and the berger bullets for those are longer then the ones for the 30 cal. The 180gr 7mm bullet is 1.525 inches long and the 30 cal 210gr is 1.459 inches long. But give wyatt a call am sure they can answer what I have not been able to. Good luck. If you need more details on the install give me a shout on the email as I have some pictures that another fellow long range guy sent me, its a breeze.
[email protected]

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.