210 Bergers & My 300 RUM

Cordell

Finally got to the range to level my scope on my 300 RUM and tested some rounds. I have posted threads about loads for 210 VLD's in the 300 RUM and got info from members. I wanted to post my 1st results and keep those who helped me up to date with my progress.

This is just the first rounds using the 210's. I do not have an extended box in the 300 RUM yet and have decided to get one put in over the summer. Till then I will hand feed each round. These rounds on paper were seated to allow them to fit in the mag. The targets have 1 inch squares and then I use a permanent marker to draw a 6x6 aiming "cross".

The info i got from Berger said 92 Grs is the max load for this combo. This gun has grouped 180 Gr Hornady SST's in a 4 shot group you could cover with a quarter very nicely. Once i get the proper seating depth down i should be around 1/2 MOA with the 210's (I hope).

I will post more when I get more rounds loaded for testing and to the range to paper them.

300RUM210VLDs.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.