300 PRC barrel length

You would be jumping the bullet approx .100" with a saami throat to be able to fit in the magazine. It may or may not affect accuracy and velocity would be down a little, but not much.
Thanks! There is nothing it can do my 300 Win Mag can't. It's just something I want, since I never got to use my .30-375R.

Last edited:
Maybe you guys in this thread can help me a little. I built a .30-375R wildcat in 2009, but never finished it. So now, I want to finish what I started. I want to rebarrel my .300 WM Ruger M77 MkII with a 26" .300 PRC barrel.

My only question is, how much performance will I be giving up if I load it to a max COAL of 3.34" ? The 212 ELD-X, or 210 ABLR is about the top weight I'll be using. More commonly, 180 and 200 just like a Win Mag.

Would I need to order a custom reamer, so it would be throated similar to a Win Mag ?

Sorry for the hi-Jack , and thank you!
What is requiring you to limit your max COAL to 3.34?

I am looking at building a 300 PRC and was curious as to what length most go with. I am considering 28 or 30 inch. Not sure either would be better than the other or even if 26 inch would be a good option.
Open to suggestions or opinions.
Thanks
Running both the 300PRC and 300NM at 26" in Barrett MRAD MK22 as selected by SOCOM.