.300 Norma or .300 RUM (can’t decide!!!) What

Personally, I would ask Ryan Pierce about buying one of his Lapua bolt face actions and make the 300 Norma Mag. I've been shooting the 300 RUM since it first hit the market and the cartridge length with these longer, heavier bullets is not necessary. But you apparently don't have any hesitation about the RUM so just run with it.
I called Ryan and ordered an atlas tactical action with lapua bolt face. He had it to my FFL in two business days from the time I called him. You can't ask for any better than that. No worries about bullet length with a 300 Norma in that action. It accepts multiple magazine configurations including a Wyatts mbe+3. Give yourself enough freebore for the 250 a-tip and you will still have enough wiggle room with that action and be seated out long at the same time.

I think I'll go as far as the 230 A-Tip with this build. My twist won't stabilise the 250's according to Hornady 1/9

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.