300 Norma Mag Improved. Follow along!!!

Very nice!! Did you get an exit out of that 245?

Glad to hear the rifle is shooting good for you also!
Part of it must have because the side in the picture is the exit side, he was slightly quartering to me. But the all the vitals were liquid mush. I meant to take pictures of the entry and "exit" after it was skinned but got in a hurry and forgot.

I have a few guys that have shot the 230 A tip in my 300 RUMS and reports I received were very explosive almost to much they said.. but they were being run pretty hard..

Also have a customer who shoots truck loads of hardy big game and he has been liking the 225 ELDM in his 300 Norma right at 3000fps

besides the 215 I honestly think the 230 with a little prep is the best 30 cal LR killing projectile made

Mike (HCA) reams his own dies not sure about Ty. Mine are Redding blanks. Here's my mule deer from Montana it was a rough year up there for us. Shot this one because it had a bad rear leg and couldn't hardly walk. Too bad because he was young and had decent genetics. Shot at 596 with a 245 at 2960 and he was DRT. And for those that are wondering the other side of the fence is Canada View attachment 413908
Good shooting and great to hear more about the 245.
I never would have guessed that was Canada behind you, must have photo shopped all the Canadian asylum seekers jumping over the fence out of the pic😎

I have a few guys that have shot the 230 A tip in my 300 RUMS and reports I received were very explosive almost to much they said.. but they were being run pretty hard..

Also have a customer who shoots truck loads of hardy big game and he has been liking the 225 ELDM in his 300 Norma right at 3000fps

besides the 215 I honestly think the 230 with a little prep is the best 30 cal LR killing projectile made
I don't disagree with you on the 230 Hybrid as the best all around projectile but I have been trying to find them for almost a year now. Last I talked to Berger about 4 weeks ago they did not see any scheduled for production before the end of the year.

I personally hope the ATip is a workable solution because at least on paper, their BCs look really good.

I don't disagree with you on the 230 Hybrid as the best all around projectile but I have been trying to find them for almost a year now. Last I talked to Berger about 4 weeks ago they did not see any scheduled for production before the end of the year.

I personally hope the ATip is a workable solution because at least on paper, their BCs look really good.
Same for me with 245's I'd rather shoot the Bergers but when you can't get them it doesn't really matter what you want. The A-tips have been working for me

Same for me with 245's I'd rather shoot the Bergers but when you can't get them it doesn't really matter what you want. The A-tips have been working for me
I really like the design of the ATip. In theory it should be an aluminum tipped AMAX/ELDM and people love both of those for killing critters. I have both 230 and 250 grain that I am going to try. I have an 8 twist barrel so stability shouldn't be able issue.

I have some 199 & 214 Hammer Hunters but I've had such mixed results in my rifles getting them to shoot good I'm not even sure I am going to try them.

I was just doing a little measuring of the 225 ELDM and 230 A-tip. They are in fact different, based on measurements. I once believed the A-tip was just an aluminum tipped ELDM. But It's more sleek as well. Shorter base to O-give measurement on the A-tip but almost identical in length. So basically a more drawn out nose portion.

I was just doing a little measuring of the 225 ELDM and 230 A-tip. They are in fact different, based on measurements. I once believed the A-tip was just an aluminum tipped ELDM. But It's more sleek as well. Shorter base to O-give measurement on the A-tip but almost identical in length. So basically a more drawn out nose portion.
What I really meant was jacket and core construction. They are definitely sleeker, hence the higher BC.

image1(1).jpeg
image2(1).jpeg
image0.jpeg

I'll pick her up tomorrow. Unfired so no groups. She's dedicated to 245s. Ty at Weaver did the gunsmith and will provide a sized and online seater. Almost everything was acquired in the forum or through the forum.

Attachments

• image2(1).jpeg
    image2(1).jpeg
    332.9 KB · Views: 27
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    475.9 KB · Views: 23
  • image2(1).jpeg
    image2(1).jpeg
    332.9 KB · Views: 29
  • image1(1).jpeg
    image1(1).jpeg