300 Norma Mag Improved. Follow along!!!

I find with Ackley type cases you can usually get multiple firings without having to bump the shoulder.
Looking forward to your results.

Mine will be Hybrids but I also wanted to be able to shoot the 250 Atips and the Cutting Edge Lazers. That's why I went with the 8 twist barrel.

I also have 205 Badlands along with 199 & 214 grain Hammers.
Thank you for confirming my thoughts on not bumping the shoulder!! I'll probably play around with the 230 Hybrids at some point also.
Fine looking setup and build, following along. Can't wait to see the final accuracy and speed results.

What bipod is that?

Does the 9lbs 3oz weight include the bipod? Will be a nice lighter rifle to carry.
That's an evolution modular bipod. I'm loving it so far!

And the 9lbs 3oz is without the bipod.

Well the 181 Hammer session didn't go as I was hoping. Much slower than I was anticipating and not accurate…. Yet lol.
8CD6DDA4-881C-42B6-8F58-2826179D3BFD.jpeg

Then I went back to fire forming and shot this 3 shot fire forming group lol.
2F254777-D5F0-496F-8790-513BF21EADB4.jpeg

So I'm really not concerned about the potential accuracy of the rifle. I just have a little more work developing a load than I thought I would. I never had the hammers not shoot 1/2 MOA with the first seating depth lol

When I tried the 199 Hammers in my last Norma I think N570 was simply to slow. It never reached pressure and performed poorly overall. I didn't have any faster powder that would be appropriate for a Norma but H1000 would have been my pick.
Thanks Justin! That's the route I'll take then. Especially if you never even reached pressure with the 199.

I found my NMI wants faster powder as well with lighter bullets.
N570 seems to be ideal for 215 and 230 hybrids in my 8# and 10# rifles respectively. Both running at 3200 in 28inch pipes.
I've been working up a 200-212grain load in my 7lb version.
Retumbo is looking promising as the barrel is 4 inches shorter.
May try H1000 or N565 as well.

Great looking rifle!

That's a gorgeous looking rifle friend. I'm glad you're happy with it . The 308 Norma has been around forever and is a great round and its very likely your modified version is even better. Personally I've long decided that I no longer want to shoot those magnum cartridges. I'd much rather play with my old nostalgic thumpers like the .45-70 and the like. I could never compete with you and your new toy but that's what makes this sport of shooting appeal to just about everyone. Different strokes for different folks. Good luck with your rifle and God bless.