300 Norma Mag Improved. Follow along!!!

That looks like it's just a self timing brake?
There's numbers posted around the collar dial. I was under the impression it was for tuning? They dialed in the Magnus for me so I never touched it. The others I bought are still on rifles under construction, so never messed with it yet myself. I'm open to being corrected!

Those are just self timing brakes. I'm sure Gunwerks will be coming out with one soon

h1000 is horrible .. never EVER use the stuff.. you should send all that you have to me and i will dispose of it in my garden ,,,,... 😁 😁 😁

customer just sent me info on his 300 NIMP .. he's up to 94.5 and in the mid 3400's with 180 HH and h1k

also on a side note In mine and several other peterson is the clear winner for brass use

Customer here…. I did initial ladder test looking for pressure. I ran from 90g to 94.5g in some Lapua brass I had. The Lapua brass has been abused under 215 HH loads. 94 and 94.5 were the first two that shows any sign of flattening the primers. No catering and no ejector marks yet (with this soft a Lapua brass, that's a surprise). The step in velocity between 94g and 94.5 was about 1/2 the steep size of other 0.5gr steps. Idk of I got to the point that not all the powder was burning or if I was just hitting a wide node. More validation to come. The last shot clocked at 3477 FPS. As always, do not use this load data, this is for my custom improved chamber and custom action etc. this is strictly information based on my setup.

Customer here…. I did initial ladder test looking for pressure. I ran from 90g to 94.5g in some Lapua brass I had. The Lapua brass has been abused under 215 HH loads. 94 and 94.5 were the first two that shows any sign of flattening the primers. No catering and no ejector marks yet (with this soft a Lapua brass, that's a surprise). The step in velocity between 94g and 94.5 was about 1/2 the steep size of other 0.5gr steps. Idk of I got to the point that not all the powder was burning or if I was just hitting a wide node. More validation to come. The last shot clocked at 3477 FPS. As always, do not use this load data, this is for my custom improved chamber and custom action etc. this is strictly information based on my setup.
Your getting 3477 fps out of a 300 Norma improved shooting 215 hh? Sounds just a little hot

Your getting 3477 fps out of a 300 Norma improved shooting 215 hh? Sounds just a little hot
No, the 215 load was hot and the Lapua brass was soft, so it stretched out that brass. It's my sanity checking brass now. 3477 fps was with the 180g Hammer Hunters. The 215's never worked out for me so I'm working up a load with the 180g HH's now.

No, the 215 load was hot and the Lapua brass was soft, so it stretched out that brass. It's my sanity checking brass now. 3477 fps was with the 180g Hammer Hunters. The 215's never worked out for me so I'm working up a load with the 180g HH's now.
What is your barrel length ?

Ran out for cold/dirty bore verification this morning. All three shots fired before the sun was up.

858 yards. 4.3 Mils @ sea level.

3321, 3320, 3307 were the velocities of each shot. I'm not IN LOVE with this lol. The first shot was a dead jackrabbit basically, but not the other two that came up 1 MOA low of the cold bore. More testing must ensue 👊🏼👊🏼. But an update none the less.

Also think spin drift is coming into play, because it was deadass calm this morning. Going to shift my zero .1 to the left to compensate for it because I really hate holding for it lol.

View attachment 374449
View attachment 374450
View attachment 374451
Are you shooting down a road ? 😳. 😆😳

I guess thread went from loads to muzzle brakes. I haven't been following. I always chime in on threads and change OP's topic. Don't do on purpose but don't loose sleep over it. No matter which way it goes it's all good to me. Some just can't stand it. I'll refrain from naming them. F...