300 jazz

Blipelt,
Thanks, and yes, Roberts chambering is the same as the 284 JAZZ, he just wanted to put his own name on his rifle.

How much diffrence is there between your case that was necked down to .308 and the regular 300 norma mag and is there a large difference from reducing the .338 lapua down to 30cal, what would be the general velocitys for all three shooting the 240smk or 210 bergers. Also would there be an advantage in lenght in barrel in any one of these cases .What would be the ideal twist for both the 210 and 240 1in 10 or 1in9:4 . What was the shoulder angle for the regular 338 norma and why did you go 30 on the shoulder angle ?

I would guess that you are using the 338 norma brass and runing it thru your die to get to the 300 jazz, have you had any trouble with donuts forming or are you running a tight neck. What does the rifle seem to like when you set the die(how far are you bumping the shoulder) OR does it like to be full sized? any more info would be appreciated, what is the reamer size that nate uses?

paul,
Thats alot of questions.
The 300 JAZZ case capacity I would guess is slightly less than the 30-338 Lapua, as the 338 Norma is slightly less than the 338 Lapua.
Barrel length on my rifle was 28". I sold the rifle last year after shoulder surgury, along with all of my big caliber rifles.
However, if memory serves, the 210Berger's were going 3150, and the 240gr SMK was 2950-3000fps. I could have pushed it harder, but as it was a new wildcat, I stayed on the safe side. Accuracy was exceptional, and ES was single digits.

The 300 JAZZ alows you to use these bullets in a standard magbox, and be able to load with the base of the bullet seated at the neck shoulder junction, and avoid donuts. The 30-338 Lapua does not.
SSG built the rifle, give Nate a call and discuss a build.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.