300 Jarrett Loads

akrange

Was wondering if any of you are loading the 300 Jarrett and what is your Best Load.. Any thoughts...

Thanks,
AK

Mine isn't new.. I'm always looking for fellow Jarrett owners and what their running down the tube.. Somebodys always finding something new at the Bench and I'm interested in what their doing..

AK

Isn't that a 8mmRM necked down to .308? What grain bullet do you shoot and what kinda velocity do you get on'er? Thanks. JohnnyK.

75 grains of IMR 4350 with a 168 SMK= 3312 fps through a 24" barrel 1/2 moa. +or-. 77 grains is starting to show a litle presure(max. in mine). just started loading for it last week. I'll be trying moly coated berger 185 VLD's next. seems that starting loads for 300 wby. in my new nosler book get max load velocity out of my 24" barrel, dosen't make sense, but i like it.

[.. I'm always looking for fellow Jarrett owners
AK[/quote]

I never ran in to any of them before.
mike

JK
I use 7 STW Brass necked to .308 .. Cheaper than 8mm Mag. Brass..

IGTOutdoors
What twist is your tube... Do those VLD's need a faster Twist..
Mine is 26" 1:10 Twist .. My load is 82.5 R-25 with a 215GM Fed 180 Nos BT 3180 FPS... This load is MOA. Vel. may go higher and Groups may get smaller with more work... Do you have any Jarrett Headstamp Brass..
Thanks
AK

I have a 300 Jarrett, built by Dave Tooley. I had another one that I sold to a buddy of mine last year. I have just started working on the load for the one built by Tooley. I' do not remember the twist, I told Tooley I was shooting 165 grain bullets, plan on using Nosler AccuBonds. The barrel is a Hart, the stock is a Lazzeroni sporter from McMillian, with a jewel trigger. I alos have a switch barrel in the Weatherby .257. Tooley talked me into it and I must say I have been very impressed. I'm going to go ahead and get Tooley to make me another .257 barrel for the gun. I hope to rat hole enough money to have him make a second gun latter this year.

The Jarrett I sold last year (was built by CPR) used 88 grains RL 25 pushing nosler 165 grain Ballisitic tips at 3500 FPS. It shot great off the bench under a half inch at 100 yards consitantly. I also use the 7 STW brass; had some issues with the Remington 8 mag brass.

Good Luck
SC

I sold my Jarrett .300 Jarrett about 2 weeks ago. I had it for about 20 years and shot it pretty extensively. I settled on 2 loads. For light game, I shot a 165 gr Nosler Ballistic tip over 82.5 gr of RL 22 for a little over 3400 fps. For everything else, I used a 200 gr Partition over 78.0 gr RL 22 for a bit over 3100 fps. The rifle was built on a Rem 700 action and had a 24" Jarrett barrel. Both of these loads shot quite well. The 165 was consistently sub 1/2 minute.

Dan

82.5 grains of RL 25 with a 210 Berger VLD kissing the lands goes into .1" groups. 80 grains of RL25 with a 230 grain Berger does the same thing. The guys at S&S built mine and it pretty much shoots everything into one hole. I've shot 240's, 230's, & 210's all with RL25 and they have all had similar results.
It's built on a Remington 700 action with a Lilja 3 groove barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts