300 allen xpress w/230 Berger

cjuve

I just started load development for my rifle chambered in 300 Allen Xpress and it looks like it should come together pretty quick. I shot this 3 shot group at 961 yds today with the average velocity just above 3200 FPS with RL 33 this thing is going to hammer.
71D869A8-6C34-44DC-9E22-FA316001FDE5.jpeg

I never saw this when posted several years back. The 300 AX is truly a jack of all trades type chambering but along with that a true ballistic and terminal powerhouse with few peers in its class. Easily matching anything the MUCH larger 30-378 will produce and doing it with brass that will last much longer. And with 10-12 grains less powder per shot, AND being able to be fit into standard length mags such as the HS Precision detachable mag. While its not one of my highest selling wildcats, it truly is one of if not the most flexible and versatile of all my wildcats for the big game hunter. From deer to moose, black bear to brown bear. Off muzzle to 1000 yards, it will just do everything very well. A 230 gr pill at +3200 fps from a portable rifle is quite a beast and easily 1/2 moa out to VERY long ranges. Sorry i missed this post so long ago.