300-338LM Ackley Improved

Spanners,

E-mail the guys at Pacific Tool and gauge. In all likelyhood, they'll have something similar on file. Make sure you indicate that it is the 40 degree shoulder you're after.

They probablly won't have the cartridge dimentions per-se, but will have a Chamber reamer print with the reamer dimentions.

If they don't, they could easily design a reamer and make a honest .30-.338 Lapua Magnum AI.

If you are going to build one, or want to have one built, Hornady will make the dies off of a chamber reamer print from Pacific. You'll then be able to form your brass with these dies. It's a good way to go and would help cut down the waiting times required for custom requests.

Dan

PTG would be a good place to start. If you can't get anywhere I have a .30-338 Lapua A/I reamer here I'll see if I still have the reamer print or take some measurements from the reamer for you.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.