30 nosler owners, input needed

loaders_loft

Could you tell me about your 30 nosler? How much free bore? After changing my mind too many times, I'm doing one with the hs precision dbm, which has 3.7" mag length, so I'm thinking it needs a bit longer freebore? Smith said his reamer is .148 freebore.

Barrel will be a 26" proof research carbon barrel in 9.4 twist.

I'm looking at the 190Lrx and the 212eldx, probably with h4831sc or h1000 but if I can get a longer freebore then maybe retumbo.

Also I need to decide between hornady or nosler brass. Hornady is cheaper and I had poor results with nosler in my 260, but maybe they were smart and made brass for their own cartridge to last? I have no experience with hornady brass except for a lever gun. I don't mind brass prep so that's not a selling point for me.

Could you tell me about your 30 nosler? How much free bore? After changing my mind too many times, I'm doing one with the hs precision dbm, which has 3.7" mag length, so I'm thinking it needs a bit longer freebore? Smith said his reamer is .148 freebore.

Barrel will be a 26" proof research carbon barrel in 9.4 twist.

I'm looking at the 190Lrx and the 212eldx, probably with h4831sc or h1000 but if I can get a longer freebore then maybe retumbo.

Also I need to decide between hornady or nosler brass. Hornady is cheaper and I had poor results with nosler in my 260, but maybe they were smart and made brass for their own cartridge to last? I have no experience with hornady brass except for a lever gun. I don't mind brass prep so that's not a selling point for me.
My free bore is @.200. Mag length 3.650. My best load so far is Berger hybrid 215 using H1000 @ 79 grains for @ 3050fps. Good .3-.5 MOA in a 26" #4 Brux. Working on 212 ELD-X loads but the Berger will be hard to beat in this caliper.

My free bore is @.200. Mag length 3.650. My best load so far is Berger hybrid 215 using H1000 @ 79 grains for @ 3050fps. Good .3-.5 MOA in a 26" #4 Brux. Working on 212 ELD-X loads but the Berger will be hard to beat in this caliper.
Nosler brass by far better choice. Hell with the cost. It's the cheaper part of the whole adventure. By the way my COL is 3.540, to ogive 2.770.

.225 freebore, if you wanna just run your 30 Nosler just above 3000FPS then the Nosler brass primer pockets will probably last a little while. If you wanna run the next node up around 3100 then get ADG. I would get ADG brass. At 3100 after 2 firings with Nosler the primers will fall out.

I'm running 181 Hammer bullets at 3,100 ft/sec in Nosler brass and haven't encountered any problems. Pockets have been holding up well. All of my Nosler brass was originally purchased as Nosler ammo. The Nosler Trophy 180 Accubonds shoot very well if the bullets are pulled and reseated much closer to the rifling.

Does anyone know where I can find the Redding body die and bushing neck sizer for 30 nosler in stock? Several sites I tried are special order or out of stock.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.