30-06 with 185 berger

I use the Berger 185 VLD's in my semi-custom 26" .30-06 AI. I back them with a healthy dose of IMR 7828 SSC. Gives me awesome velocities.

Loaded the 185 VLD in my buddies 30-06 and it went three for three on two deer and a cow elk, the elk was about 250 yards found the bullet in the offside hide completely destroyed the lungs. I was impressed enough to run the 215 in my 300win mag and the 130 classic in my 270 this year. Loaded the 06 with imr 4350.

Loaded the 185 VLD in my buddies 30-06 and it went three for three on two deer and a cow elk, the elk was about 250 yards found the bullet in the offside hide completely destroyed the lungs. I was impressed enough to run the 215 in my 300win mag and the 130 classic in my 270 this year. Loaded the 06 with imr 4350.

Just ordered the .270 classic and I think I am going to order the 230 hybrids for my 300 win mag. I am using the 185 classic for my 30-06 rifle for hog and deer hunting.

Haven't had a chance to hunt with the .30-06 AI yet, but I might do so this upcoming year. Based on my prior experiences with Berger VLD's and whitetail deer, I wouldn't hesitate to use them.

Haven't had a chance to hunt with the .30-06 AI yet, but I might do so this upcoming year. Based on my prior experiences with Berger VLD's and whitetail deer, I wouldn't hesitate to use them.

I'm definitely not hesitating to buy Berger bullets I was just curious if anyone has used these and what there experience was. Also I am waiting to see if the rifle tha I am using(Springfield 1903A3) even shoots well enough.

I'm definitely not hesitating to buy Berger bullets I was just curious if anyone has used these and what there experience was. Also I am waiting to see if the rifle tha I am using(Springfield 1903A3) even shoots well enough.

I have a Remington 1903 that shoots the factory 185 from HSM extremely well. My son shot quite a few deer and antelope to 350+ yards with this set-up ... all DRTs. :D

P8170190A.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.