30/06-1man,1rifle,1 land

Waynard

Has anyone read this book about the Remington ADL 30-06 and J.Y. Jones. He took every game animal in North America {Including Polar Bear and Grizzly Bear with the 30-06.} I know big bears are pushing the 06 but I'm saying ya can't under estimate the ought 6...

I like one shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot---Elmer Keith

in my younger years, I was all into the Magnum hype. Had every version of magnum under the sun. Had great hunts and made a lot of kills. But in the last 5 years I have come to appreciate the 25/06, 270, and the ole '06. I don't know what it is about this cartridge that keeps me fascinated but I missed a lot of years not owning these calibers.

I now own (2) 270's and (2) '06's and want them all in the stand with me :)

30-06 .... whether it's an '06 Springfield or M1 Garrand, I've been in love with them since I was a kid. I know they won't shot bug hole targets like a bench rest rifle but they'll take out game at 1000 yards if you can shoot well enough. Except for rate of fire I prefer the '06 Springfield. When I was a kid every hunter I knew owned at least one '06 and now, so do I.

Yep, I own a couple of 06's too. And went threw the magnum craze also, not saying the magnums aren't good and they do have there place. But the 06 with the right bullet will do anything I want it to. Never lost any deer, black bear or wild boar to the 06 and never had to shoot more than once that I can remember.gun)

I like one shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot.--- Elmer Keith

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.