280 Sherman or WBY 7mm RPM??

8x68s

Building a long ranger for hunting. Long range for me would be 600-800 yards optimistically. I have a 9 twist Bartlein to work with and intend to shoot 160 - 175 grain bullets.
I like the idea of the Weatherby but I'm having a hard time following the thinking behind the Sherman cartridges. In the meantime, I'm waiting on approval for the Facebook page where I expect I'll find more comprehensive info. Discussion??

Hunting what? How heavy of a rifle? What action do you have to work with?

The 7mm RPM is a wildcat like the Sherman...

Building a long ranger for hunting. Long range for me would be 600-800 yards optimistically. I have a 9 twist Bartlein to work with and intend to shoot 160 - 175 grain bullets.
I like the idea of the Weatherby but I'm having a hard time following the thinking behind the Sherman cartridges. In the meantime, I'm waiting on approval for the Facebook page where I expect I'll find more comprehensive info. Discussion??
"If" you are referring to .280 Sherman vs. 7MM RPM (based on 6.5 WBTY RPM), the Sherman will give you more choices in brass availability.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.