280 Rem to 28 Nosler

So how is the extraction on your bolt's that have been opened up with the stock extractor?

None of mine have been opened up. I don't own any M16-style extractors. My factory internal-bolt extractors work just fine.

Also, from our previous encounters, you don't seem to like 700's at all. You seem like more of a Weatherby guy...

I don't have a bolt to donate. I expected the specs on that to be available from Remington.

I don't like the ejection angle when using an M16 style extractor. I've also wondered why someone doesn't invent an extractor for a model 700 like Surgeon uses on their XL action.

I wouldn't hold my breath trying to get any 'specs' from Remington, or any of the manufacturers, Edd. They just don't give that stuff out. It becomes a liability issue. You have to reverse 'engineer' about everything.

I know what you mean on the ejection angle. A savvy gunsmith can adjust ejection angle on the M-16 extractor. On the ones we install if the angle is too high this is a routine part of the job. If you can get the Surgeon extractor parts, as long as it will physically and safely fit, I'm sure a lot of smiths could install it. Our business (custom gunsmiths) is to make your gun how you want it.

Here is a Rem 700 bolt face opened up for a Lapua with a modified M-16 extractor. This one ejects nicely. They don't all need it. The second picture is another 700 opened up for Lapua and it ejects clear of the scope as well with no modification.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.