280 Ackley Improved Bullet Recommendations

hoskier

Interested to hear your opinion on what load to use for a .280 AI when hunting elk. I have been using Federal Premium Berger Hybrid Hunter 280 Ackley Improved 168 grain bullets so far and they seem to be doing the job. Difficult to find anymore though.

Seems most 7mm bullets are hard to find lately. I use 160 grain accubond and they work great but I load them up myself. As far as loaded ammo your probably going to be limited for a while but I have seen some in the other stuff classifieds occasionally.
Get your post count up so you can purchase from the classifieds.

Yeah it is crazy how much factory loads are right now. Ridiculous. Thanks for the insight. My federal loads are being reloaded now thanks to a friend. But always good to know what ammo might be better. The federal has taken out 2 elk and a bear. So not bad by any means.

You need to keep on the good side of your friend loading for you. 280ai factory loaded ammo is ridiculously expensive and hard to find. After hunting season, I would suggest you dive head first into the reloading rabbit hole. Once you find a couple hundred pieces of Peterson brass, life will be much simpler.

Yeah I can't find any ammo anywhere. Been looking for months. Trust me, I am going to be staying on his good side. He's a great guy. We have been friends for a number of years now. I already bought the reloading dies and some brass, but I will look into getting some more. If anyone sees some Federal Premium 168 grain or the Nosler 160 grain, let me know. I have been striking out everywhere.

Recent Posts