28 nosler Quickload help!

300R

Would anyone with Quickload mind running some numbers for me,I'm not sure where to start for my 27 nosler,My gunsmith said to start with 28 nosler data but I would just like to be sure because there is so much conflicting data between manuals and the Internet.Powders I have are h1000,retumbo,rl25 and vv N570.
27 nosler saami spec
Case cap h20:97.2 gr(unfired)this is 26 nosler brass necked up and shoulder pushed back.
Bullet- nosler .270 LR Accubond 150gr (measured avg length1.4240") nosler lists it as 1.390" but not one bullet in my pack went close.
Bullet-140gr cutting edge
Case length:2.5675"
Seated oal:3.3840"
Barrel:26" 9 twist
Primer:215m GMM & PMC magnums
Not sure if any other input is needed,Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mark

Last edited:
Powders I have are h1000,retumbo,rl25 and vv N570.
Sorry that was in your first post.

Understanding that I an law suit averse. Anything you do is your responsibility. You have already checked multiple sources. It's your job to determine if what I would do is what you would do.

With your COAL IIWM I would start at:

Retumbo, 79grains, to compressed.
H1000, 78grains, to compressed.
Reloader 25, 78grains but don't go past 84.
N570, 83grains to ~92 which shold be a full case.

I didn't get any CEB 140s, however, I ran the Retumbo load above with Sierra GameKing soft point.

Thanks very much Fred,I will definitely be working up loads with caution,I was interested in the quickload prediction purely as a cross reference,thanks again.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.