28 Nosler after 40 rounds with borescope

Mram10us

LRH Team Member
I’m not saying the Wilson barrels didn’t shoot good. No argument there, all I was stating was the fouling has been significantly less on other barrels. Bartlien, Brux & muller to be my picks. That’s just me.
We are on the same page. The cheaper barrel comment I took as cheap quality rather than cheaper in price. Krieger is my favorite for many reasons. My cleaning products and techniques could probably use improvement so I will clean this barrel up and post more results to compare.

Mram10us

LRH Team Member
I also used the copper cleaner first, rather than cleaning out all the carbon first. I wanted to try a different way and I think the carbon maybe protected the copper from the solvent??? Not sure though

bigngreen

Looks like lizard skin!! I've tried to get good pics with my Hawkeye but its like getting good free hand video through a rifle scope.

muleystalker

2 parts Hoppes Bescherst 1 part Kroil, run a sloppy patch down the bore and wet it good then stick the wet patch right at the front of the chamber and let it sit over night. next day remove the patch and run a clean one through. Wet again and hit with a bronze brush then with clean patches until the patches come out clean.

Mram10us

LRH Team Member
I’ve been meaning to give boretech a try. Wish someone would use their new borescope and clean with sweets, then try to get whatever is left with the boretech :)

Mram10us

LRH Team Member
Does anyone have before/after pics while using boretech or cr/kg stuff?

Gills

I don’t have pictures but I started using the kg products last year and can’t believe how well they work and how easy it makes the cleaning process

lgordee

With the amount of copper you have I would ditch the nylon brushes. Switch to a bronze brunch and boretech products.

David Emerson

LRH Team Member
I have had very good results with pro shot products Copper solvent IV. Slow but it will get ALL the copper out. I typically wet patch every 10 minutes or so for an hour and then let it soak wet overnight. Try it. You will like it.

Recent Posts

Latest Classifieds

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce