28 Nosler after 40 rounds with borescope

I'm not saying the Wilson barrels didn't shoot good. No argument there, all I was stating was the fouling has been significantly less on other barrels. Bartlien, Brux & muller to be my picks. That's just me.
We are on the same page. The cheaper barrel comment I took as cheap quality rather than cheaper in price. Krieger is my favorite for many reasons. My cleaning products and techniques could probably use improvement so I will clean this barrel up and post more results to compare.

I also used the copper cleaner first, rather than cleaning out all the carbon first. I wanted to try a different way and I think the carbon maybe protected the copper from the solvent??? Not sure though

2 parts Hoppes Bescherst 1 part Kroil, run a sloppy patch down the bore and wet it good then stick the wet patch right at the front of the chamber and let it sit over night. next day remove the patch and run a clean one through. Wet again and hit with a bronze brush then with clean patches until the patches come out clean.

Here's a before and after on my 7mm weatherby magnum. I use boretech eliminator.
E1D6F1A8-5A9C-434F-AB30-624DE8912480.png
D1FF5442-9D73-4A0B-962E-CD997CB6046A.png

I don't have pictures but I started using the kg products last year and can't believe how well they work and how easy it makes the cleaning process

With the amount of copper you have I would ditch the nylon brushes. Switch to a bronze brunch and boretech products.

I have had very good results with pro shot products Copper solvent IV. Slow but it will get ALL the copper out. I typically wet patch every 10 minutes or so for an hour and then let it soak wet overnight. Try it. You will like it.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.