270 wsm reload question

I have used BR2 primers in my 7mm Remington Magnum with AA-3100; but had hang-fires with CCI standard large Rifle primers with R-19 in my 6.5 Remington Mag. Not all powders ignite the same. CCI-250 will ensure things go bang when they should.

Good luck

Jerry

I also have loads made up for my newly purchased 270 wsm. I did my homework and saw that it does prefer slow burning powders. I have some Barnes TXS loaded with different charges of IMR7828 and some Nosler BTs MagPro. Both are 140 gr. I may get out on Tues.

I also have loads made up for my newly purchased 270 wsm. I did my homework and saw that it does prefer slow burning powders. I have some Barnes TXS loaded with different charges of IMR7828 and some Nosler BTs MagPro. Both are 140 gr. I may get out on Tues.

I can you what powder not to use in 270wsm.......IMR4064.
I ended up using 57.0 grains of IMR 4831 with 130 gr Corelokts. I really like the Barnes triple shock for 30-30 and .223. I may get some for my 270 wsm.

My Tika shoots 130s sub MOA with MagPro and 140 Sierra HPBT Game Kings sub MOA with RL22. RL19 also did well with both weights.

I got a recommendation for Magpro on Sat at the range by the range officer that loved that 270WSM combo. I'm more inclined to try this vs the RL powders, which have at least a few possibilities for use with 270WSM and some are said to be temp sensitive. The challenge of finding which RL powder to use is a bit much for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.