270 WSM Question

bonesan

I am new to the forum. I am sure these questions from new members must get old, but I am told this forum is used by experienced shooters/loaders and thus have knowledge, which I am trying to gain. I have a new Tikka T3 270 WSM with a VariX III, 6X20 50mm. Prior to this most of my shooting is with a Rem Light Tactical 308. I load all of my rounds and have been very pleased with the 308 rounds. I put a box of factory rds through the Tikka and then switched to some experimenting with my own loads. After 5 combinations, 10 rds each, I am not pleased. The best success has come with 130 Nosler Balistic tip and 61g of IMR 4350. That provides a sloppy 1 MOA result. Should I expect better? Thanks.

I don't have any experience with tikka's or 270 wsm's but doesn't that rifle have a 1MOA guarantee? I would send it back if it shot that bad.

I'd send that piece of junk back as soon as I could. Oh, by the way, yesterday Dad gave me that Browning Shotgun and the Civil War Sword. He said I was his only decent son.

hi

i had a tikka T3 wsm and it shot very good, it was clover leafing. not all the time, but most, i used 60g of N160 (this is a mild load,and keeps the B,S,T down to 3000 FPS) and 130g combine tec Ballistic silver tips.

i would expect more from that rifle. and can see no reason y should not be in the 1/2" @ 100y range

thanks
Colin

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.