270 WSM rebarreled to something more efficient?

I appreciate all the respectful advice. I realize that "more efficient" is rather relative. This comment was based on my 10 twist barrel which restricts me to lighter for caliber options. I had tried the 150 Bergers, but they didn't seem to work with my twist and altitude (500').

I've decided to simply go with a new barrel maybe a 7.5 or 8 twist to accommodate the 170 EOL's and the 156g Hammer Hunters.

This raises a few more questions for lack of personal experience:

1) Since I already have the carbon barrel, I'd prefer to stick with something similar (& 24") due to its use as a mountain rifle/long-range combination. Fierce is the only company I found that would do the custom twist that I want. Any experience or thoughts on their carbon barrels?

2) With so much of a faster twist, what will happen if I push something lighter like the 145 ELD-X at 3200 fps like I am now?

3) Any experience with this caliber to give me an idea of what velocity I can expect for the heavier bullets I mentioned above?

For my hunting needs I don't have a need for anything heavier than the 150gr bullets, so my build was 1-10 twist. Just curious if you do not reload, as you wrote in the OP, do they make factory ammunition using 156gr Hammers and 170EOLs?

Do not reload now, but planning for when I do. We have several options for custom loads now as well...

Would still like to hear more input from folks who have had experience directly or indirectly with the Fierce carbon barrels...

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.