270 Winchester, 6.5-06, or 25-06 Fast Twist Deer Rifle

I'm sure it's perfectly fine shooting lighter out of a fast twist. It works well in every other caliber. 257 will be no different. Yes...I know there are problems at the extremes but this ain't that.
The higher the bore diameter the less fond of "overstabilization" and psycho high rpm's the bullets seem for accuracy.

Saw a post where a guy built a .22-284 with an aggressive enough twist (1:7) to run 75 amaxs with no issues…also for fun ran the 30 grain berger flat base to 5150 fps with that 7 twist. That's 529000 rpm's. And he got decent accuracy still.

My 300 Winnie does one ragged hole with 225 elds out a 10 twist at 2800 and struggles to do less than 1.5 inch groups with 120 Barnes at 4050. I've fiddled with seating depth but @scope-eye has convinced me that with 30 cals and up that's just too many rpm's with the twist rate for great accuracy. 25 cal should still be no problem at all id think.

Sooooo stuck on this, I have a stock, a trigger, and a 06 length action, looking to install a fast twist 26" barrel for long range shooting and deer. I have a custom 300 for elk works, and a 35 Whelen for a timber rifle, looking at 3 long range options, no I do not want a 6.5 CM or PRC ! not interested, but have an associate with a long range 270 win with the new 170 grain berger. Handloads are mid 2900 fps (very impressive!) and he also has a 25-06 fast twist shooting the new 133 grain Bergers at 3000 fps. The ballistics are quite amazing with these slippery bullets, brass is available and standard, even the 6.5-06 is easy enough to work with.......stuck on cartridge selection. Thoughts? and hoping for gents who have these rifles.

Might want to take a long look at the .270 Ackley Improved, it is a seriously under rated cartridge. There is a member FEENIX on the forum, he might even have tagged in on your thread. If you touch base with him, I am sure he would give you some information on the heavy .270s. I have a .270 Ackley Improved with a 1:10, Lilja 26 inch barrel, get around 3300 with ABLRs, and...there's room to go a bit faster, but...the brass is not too fond of anything hotter in my rifle. I haven't tried any 130s in the rifle yet. I white tail deer hunt and the 150s are working for the ranges that I shoot and for what I am hunting. I read that you have a long-action for a donor; however....the .270 Winchester short mag with a fast twist ought to be a really nice combination (a fast twist for the heavies and more powder capacity), and....you wouldn't need to purchase any custom dies to get the job done.

I vote for a 38-55. It's no less arbitrary than the 06's you have confined yourself to, and it's the last cartridge/rifle I purchased so what the hey. You have already researched the living shat out of all these cartridges so what's the point here? I have 270's and 25-06's and they both kill deer dead, and yet I am fascinated by the 6.5-06, as if it would complete the collection and stop there. It won't. There will always be another gun, another caliber. Get the .270 and convince yourself it's your last rifle. Next fall, buy the 25-06.

The higher the bore diameter the less fond of "overstabilization" and psycho high rpm's the bullets seem for accuracy.

Saw a post where a guy built a .22-284 with an aggressive enough twist (1:7) to run 75 amaxs with no issues…also for fun ran the 30 grain berger flat base to 5150 fps with that 7 twist. That's 529000 rpm's. And he got decent accuracy still.

My 300 Winnie does one ragged hole with 225 elds out a 10 twist at 2800 and struggles to do less than 1.5 inch groups with 120 Barnes at 4050. I've fiddled with seating depth but @scope-eye has convinced me that with 30 cals and up that's just too many rpm's with the twist rate for great accuracy. 25 cal should still be no problem at all id think.
I know. That's why I said the part about the extremes! Like my 22 Creedmost with a 7 twist barrel. They sometimes explode certain bullets. Especially 3 and 4 groove. 5r helps save jackets maybe.

I like the 270 win the only issue is some of the worst blood shoot bucks I've seen were shot with a 270. Good luck, any of the cartridge you picked will work.

"Blood shot bucks??" are you talking tissue damage??? I've found that to be true with a number of smaller caliber, high speed cartridges, no??

LOL, Funny how people don't read the OP's post and follow up comments. He's only interested in the 3 choices mentioned and repeatedly states it and says "move on".

I chimed in with my opinion after reading the heading on the thread. I didn't have a lot of time to read all of the responses, and....now I have a response that will probably --ss him off too; but....I did mention the .270.

I'm striving for the entire 30-06 derivative family, only missing the 338-06 to finish the collection. Of these, the 6.5-06 is my current favorite. 25-05 has some pizzaz but not quite the punch of the 6.5 or 270. My 280AI is a close runner-up and I have developed 160 gr loads that run with my 7mm Rem. I neck up 25-06 brass for 6.5 and use my dremel to grind the "25" off the head stamp so I can keep it separate from my 25-06.

I'm striving for the entire 30-06 derivative family, only missing the 338-06 to finish the collection. Of these, the 6.5-06 is my current favorite. 25-05 has some pizzaz but not quite the punch of the 6.5 or 270. My 280AI is a close runner-up and I have developed 160 gr loads that run with my 7mm Rem. I neck up 25-06 brass for 6.5 and use my dremel to grind the "25" off the head stamp so I can keep it separate from my 25-06.
How about a 35 Whelen, and the 375 Whelen ;)