270 Hammer Love

So at 8K it looks like it will be ok if I were to hunt elevation with 1:8tw. Guessing or hoping on velocity based upon the 156. Prob little lower. Look about right?
2B4660B2-53F1-42D7-B309-586EAD036161.png
EAA07E73-9F7B-4AF6-BA38-6639534E2AB8.png

So at 8K it looks like it will be ok if I were to hunt elevation with 1:8tw. Guessing or hoping on velocity based upon the 156. Prob little lower. Look about right?
View attachment 332087View attachment 332088
Here is what we have learned. The elevation helps with ballistic stability. I doesn't seem to help with terminal stability. This seems to be much more dependent on rpm's. Also the longer the bullets are for caliber the more critical there stability gets. So when we calculate minimum required twist we do so at standard atmosphere at sea level showing a 1.5 sg. If we stay pretty hard with this then there is very little issue with on game performance.

This bullet is starting to push the threshold of bullet length to caliber ratio. The point that everything just comes undone is about 6 times caliber in length. This bullet is only .082" from that ratio.

Maybe another thread to discuss the effect of elevation on SG where marginal at low but good at higher versus terminal stability? I searched site and really didn't find much.

Somebody got a good read to link?

Maybe another thread to discuss the effect of elevation on SG where marginal at low but good at higher versus terminal stability? I searched site and really didn't find much.

Somebody got a good read to link?
I know I have posted about it several times in the past. I don't recall a thread about it though.

Steve,
Found a couple threads now that I have better search criteria. Thx!

Post in thread 'Optimal/ ideal stability factor?'
https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/optimal-ideal-stability-factor.213379/post-1548597

Thread 'Optimal/ ideal stability factor?'
https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/optimal-ideal-stability-factor.213379/

These should work pretty nicely in a fast twist .270 also...

Would you please define "fast twist" as it was used in this reply????