270 Allen Mag and WSM Shooters

First Pics

Here's a couple of these customized bullets bracketing a Berger180 gr VLD.

These are the two that came back with the die from Corbin.

They'll all look better when I do the point forming which will happen after they prove out in initial testing.

2-Randas-and-a-Berger.jpg

If the images is too large press Control and roll your mouse wheel one way or the other.......

Roy,

These are 0.277" diameter correct? Like 270 Winchester and 270 WSM.

Nice looking - that's for sure. I bet they perform just fine also.

You're gonna be spoiled with this ability to customize and fine tune your bullets.

Roy,

These are 0.277" diameter correct? Like 270 Winchester and 270 WSM.

Nice looking - that's for sure. I bet they perform just fine also.

You're gonna be spoiled with this ability to customize and fine tune your bullets.

Yep, 277,

There is a 98% chance that they will perform as expected.

No one will know until they are tried.

If not, there are several options before the project can be determined a failure.

Sure hope this isn't a Edison light bulb thing......

New Mexico??? Did I miss something?? What in the world are you doing down there?! RoyinNewmexico just doesn't have the same ring..........

Good luck on the boooollits. Just don't shoot em into phonebooks or you'll never hear the end of it and your IQ will drop 40 points! HA HA!

GG,

Had an opportunity to make some decent bucks. Last big hoorah before the M and the desire to trade hours for $ passes.

I'll be back in ID later in the year. By hunting season I would suppose. If I miss the season I've promised myself a "fenced" hunt as I really want to test those bullets and the fence is around more than 2000 acres which is all hiking and not an easy hunt until it comes time to field dress and haul out. But ya gotta tip the Sherpa.

Last edited:
Nope,

The only reason for my venture is the lack of bullets for the 270 cal. for extreme cartridges.

The other calibers are very well covered by very good bullet makers.

The only other weakness in selection that I'm interested in a heavier than the 350 class bullet in 375.

David,

Berger says for thier 168 gr 284 bullet a 10 twist or faster.

For the 180 gr bullet they say 9 twist or faster.

I don't see why it would be any different for these.

I would be willing to give your .277" 168gr. a try in the 270wsm when you have them done. Then post results. Shooting a Remington model 700xcr with a 1 and 10" twist 24" barrel.

Roy,

Hopefully the feds will give you a break on the manufacturing license since you are only doing one caliber.

James

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.