265 gr. Lapua/Edge data TSX needed

I ran R/S Magnum up to 97 gr. (again, this is with Hornady brass which has a bit more capacity than Lapua), producing 2833 fps, ES=3fps. Groups were around 3/4moa. This is a factory Sako barrel, not a custom. Getting better than 3/4moa might not be realistic.

I ran RL-25 to 94 gr. in same brass, producing 2813 fps, ES=11fps. and again about 3/4 moa.

I don't bother with less than 1-grain increments on a case with this much capacity. One full grain only boosts velocity by 15 to 30 fps. I can't see that .1 grain would be noticeable at all.

Festus

Have you guys played any more with the TTSX? Specifically, how does it fly out past 500 yards?

I just bought a 700 P in 338 Lapua and I would like to get a big game load for my Oryx hunt in December. I will start with SMK and get more trigger time then work up a load for the gemsbok.

Personally, I gave up on the 265 gr TTSX, played with them most of the summer with magpro, ramshot and retumbo and just couldn't find a consistent load I was happy with. I've started working on loads with the 225 gr TTSX and am really happy with them so far… I've been running ladder tests from 84.5 grs of retumbo to 94 grs so far with 94 grs keyholed and small 1/2 " interlocking triangular five shot groups with the what the heck occasional flyer about an inch out at 200 yards... so far with 94 grains they have been running over 3000 fts with my last 10 shots averaging 3040. I'm going to run up to 97 grs this coming weekend, decide on the best load, input it into my bors and run them out to test long range the following weekend. Unfortunately I only have the weekends right now to play with it.
With 84.5 grs I was getting awesome groups as well but only running about 2750 which is ok but I want to see how fast I can push these with best accuracy.
Hunting Elk with it in Nov in Co.

Last edited:
Yeah, I tried a few more powders but nothing significantly better than the afformentioned RL-25 and RSM. I did run a bit more RL-25 than my last post indicated. I think RL-25 is the powder, at least in my relatively short barrel. Here is more of my results:

Retumbo to 94 gr. ....... 2855 fps

RL-22 to 91 gr. .............2875 fps

RSM to 97 gr. ................2833 fps

RL-25 to 96 gr. ..............2917 fps

VV-N170 to 97 gr. ..........2864 fps

US-869 to 106 gr. ..........2728 fps

Played around a little with seating depth. A jump of .050" seemed best but your rifle might like something else. Mine is a factory barrel, nothing special. Hope there is something here you will find useful. Good luck.

Festus

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.