260 rem vers 6.5 Creedmoor?

The Murphy Rail is a good looking unit. There is another one that clamps to the dovetails. I was thinking about doing a belt and suspenders thing and also having it drilled and tapped with 8×40 screws.

Drilled and tapped on rail is definitely the way to go but just throwing more options for your consideration.

Checkout Ruger M77 MKII Rifle Scope Mounts WEIG-A-TINNY® Weaver Picatinny

I e-mailed Jack Weigand for the .338 Win Mag rail but ...

Jack Weigand <[email protected]>

Apr 17
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Hi,
I'm sorry but we have still not released the mount.
Sorry, no MOA
Thank You

Jim
Weigand C.H. Inc
www jackweigand.com
Good luck!

Ed

No I didn't get a ticket. I'm thinking about it .
I really have no use for a bench gun . I want a Gun for walking in and shooting chucks and coyotes. Not sure I want to pack a 14lb gun and that's without a scope.
I've not got the LRP yet I'm concerned about wheight.
I would rather have a lighter gun and loos some distance
It would be nice to take a Creedmoor deer hunting so I'm looking for. A lighter package.
And one place I whent has a ruger m77 mark2 6.5.cred, for 600$
I'm in no hurry I'm just shopping around. .

The ruger is stainless but it has the cheap plastic stock that's touching the barrel. .
I would like a dual porpuse gun i though I wanted a lrp. But it's to heavy.

You can use a lightweight scope and mount on a Remington Sendero and still be around 10 lbs...If you use an ultra-light scope and mount, such as a Kahles Helia KXi 3.5-10x50 with the 4D reticle, and a 1-piece DNZ Gamereaper mount.

I put a Boyd's laminated stock on mine. Floated the barrel channel and epoxy bedded it. Filed the bottom mounting slots in the mag box a little and snipped 1 1/4 coils off the trigger spring and mounted an adjustable cheek piece.
It is now a consistent 1/2 or less moa rifle .
I'm going to add about 4 lbs of lead to the rifle to bring the weight up possibly 5 lbs.

What would a decent stock like your talking about run??
And I don't have a clue how to bed a stock what's that all about? gun)

What would a decent stock like your talking about run??
And I don't have a clue how to bed a stock what's that all about? gun)

I am not a big fan of Boyds stocks.... If you want true value and function for the price, look into a Bell & Carlson Medalist stock.

You can get them from Stocky's Stocks online.

Stocks are generically inletted for each make & model rifle, therfore the fitment might not be perfect for your exact setup. By bedding the action and recoil lug and properly torquing your action screws, you assure the action is set in place and won't wiggle around or shift when the rifle recoils causing shifting in your bullet's point of impact, making you think the rifle is inaccurate, when all it needs is a simple action bedding and barrel floating job.

H.S. Precision stocks are also excellent stocks.

Mabey that's what's wrong with the sendero? ?
All I hear about them is good . But the one I have is less than impressivelightbulb

Or mabey it's the loose screw pulling the trigger. :D

I am not a big fan of Boyds stocks.....
I hope that's not born of "it's inexpensive so it can't be good" because my Richards Microfit is crap compared ti my Boyds and cost 4 times as much. I have 4 Boyds and with the work specified before they are very nice. I get great accuracy and positive comments at the range.

I hope that's not born of "it's inexpensive so it can't be good" because my Richards Microfit is crap compared ti my Boyds and cost 4 times as much. I have 4 Boyds and with the work specified before they are very nice. I get great accuracy and positive comments at the range.
Nope, price has nothing to do with it, I don't like how they feel, I don't like how they have to be final-fitted, I don't like how they don't have an alumuninum block in them, and I don't like the looks of them.

Price has zero to do with it.

I don't want any stock I have to final-fit before using. I don't mind bedding an action or floating a barrel...But I'm not gonna break out the wood chisels and have a hay-day on a stock just to be able to use it. I'll pay $100 more and get a B&C Medalist that only needs to be bedded, and has the AL block running majority length of the stock.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.