260 rem for whitetails

It must be good caliber for whitetails. With a good bullet very accurate. Here in Europe we like the bullet to go through the deer or moose penetrading the lungs and making one hole to both side of the skin so the the heart pumps the blood out and bloodpressure comes down fast. If the bullet stays in the animal it has not worked the best way or it has been shot too far or with too small caliber. :D

Last edited:
Took a doe with a neck shot at 200 yards with a 130 Accubond, DRT. My first neck shot and was surprised at the exit hole it made.....didn't get any neck meat off that one.

It must be good caliber for whitetails. With a good bullet very accurate. Here in Europe we like the bullet to go through the deer or moose penetrading the lungs and making one hole to both side of the skin so the the heart pumps the blood out and bloodpressure comes down fast. If the bullet stays in the animal it has not worked the best way or it has been shot too far or with too small caliber. :D
Or maybe all of the rounds energy was depleted inside the body cavity causing massive internal damage instead of wasting energy down range as it passes through the game and continues down range LMAO

I need to buy a 6.5 Creedmoor cause my 308 hasn't really killed the 100's of deer I have harvested with the round in my lifetime...........think I was hallucinating and it really was a guy following me around with a "Magical greatest round since the invention of the wheel" 6.5 creedmore killin em for me ha ha. Kidding aside if I ran out and bout the latest fad round that hit the scene in the 55 years I have been huntin ( I am 65) then I would need an extra house to house all the rifles. Like everything what's great today will be shunned tomorrow.
Best round is the one you are comfortable with, have confidence in and ethically provides the energy to kill what your huntin at the range your huntin it at. They are all good if they put meat on the table! :)

Anybody use a 260 Rem for whitetails?
I inherited one from my father in-law, always used my 7 mag in past seasons. I am feeling alittle undergunned. Shots will be out to 150 yds only, but no experience with this round.

My son did this past year

Attachments

• C9C391A6-8C14-47BF-A849-A6A037BF823D.png
    C9C391A6-8C14-47BF-A849-A6A037BF823D.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 135
My son did this past year
Your not undergunned if you can shoot. I personally like 30 cal projectiles because I once lost the biggest buck of my life due to using a fad round in 25 cal, the 25 WSSM , that hit a twig 8 feet in front of the buck that I am convinced would have died if I had used a heavier bullet less prone to exploding on a twig but the reality is it was my fault not the rounds fault. I hurried the shot and if I would have just waited for him to take two more steps he would have been in the open and I would have been sittin here typing this reply lookin at him over my fireplace LOL.
260 is a great round and it has taken many game animals but like all rounds it has its limitations. Ya just gotta know your limitations and use em to your advantages.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.