26 Nosler or 6.5 Prc Hunting

6.5 PRC or 26 Nosler

• 6.5 prc

Votes: 142 62.6%
  • 26 nosler

Votes: 85 37.4%

• Total voters
I'm very happy with my 6.5 PRC. at 8 pounds ready to hunt the recoil is low, seems to shoot everything pretty well. Running a mild load of H1000 to get 3035. Hoping to get decent barrel life out of it. Either way you're tapping into the excellent bullet selection of 6.5. Hornady brass seems good for me so far (4 firings in). Might try ADG next, bit of a toss up.

I am a huge fan of the 6.5x284 and 6.5-06. I also love the .260 Rem and have a lot of fun with the 6.5 Grendel. The PRC has become my favorite. It betters the 284 and 06 but from a short action. It has become the gun I love to tote and it is all I had hoped for performance wise. I have just worked with 130s so far running RL22 and getting over 3200fps from a 24" with no trouble. Accuracy has been fantastic with the Gamechangers, VLDH, and Accubond. The 143 and 147s are also great out of my gun mostly matching advertised velocity. To 600 yards I just can't see a better commercial case available.

On a side note, there are a lot of scout snipers out there. There are probably several here. I have had the pleasure of serving with some of the last of your old school snipers and many of the 'newer' generation. The equipment is better now-a-days and the youngsters are consistently more effective. They may not be better, but they are VERY effective. That technology is available along with shooting schools and just lots of learning tools for anybody with the time and inclination. Many folks here have both and money to boot. A lot of these folks can flat out shoot. I am just saying you don't need sniper school or to be part of the teams or FORCE to consistently kill something the size of an elk at 600 yards. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.