257 weatherby

Will keep inform, with the lrx and sirroco it sub moa, but barrel is thin so get heat up fast. It not for long string shooting. Bit for hunting that great, dont kick much and it easy to 300yrds with out playing with the scope
I shoot 130 scirocco's out of mine, my accumark I gave to my son shoots LRX just silly so that's what he uses. But my dial is cut on my vx6 for the scirocco's bought 8-10 boxes will last me a lifetime with the other weatherby's i have.

I wont live long enough to shoot 1,000 rounds through any hunting rifle I have, but if i did I'm not sure at 4-5 dollars a bullet i'm worried about the expense of a barrel swap. Spend 4-5000 on shooting ammo, the cost of a barrel it's just kind of a drop in the bucket to me. Sell the brass and pay for new barrel, keep rockin! :) If i leave it "all" to the kids they will blow it anyway ;)

Got a vanguard, will change it for an accumark in futur.

Just like to realod so that will be it.

Have some f-class to play at hight volume 🤪

And what a great way to spend your time reloading! Just became an empty nester my oldest likes to load might get into it myself if the wife keeps finding chores for me! :) $120 a box, ya that's salty for 257 pricing;

I just always chuckle at the barrel life discussion, if you intend to wear anything out fast you will. It's like blaming gas prices over poor fuel economy vehicles which was a choice! LOL - i don't like high prices either but no one put a gun to my head for the truck i'm driving! it still does 13 mpg lol

Good luck hunting and shooting this year fellas.

lee 257 IMO is still the king! ;) and mine love scirocco's;

And what a great way to spend your time reloading! Just became an empty nester my oldest likes to load might get into it myself if the wife keeps finding chores for me! :) $120 a box, ya that's salty for 257 pricing;

I just always chuckle at the barrel life discussion, if you intend to wear anything out fast you will. It's like blaming gas prices over poor fuel economy vehicles which was a choice! LOL - i don't like high prices either but no one put a gun to my head for the truck i'm driving! it still does 13 mpg lol

Good luck hunting and shooting this year fellas.

lee 257 IMO is still the king! ;) and mine love scirocco's;
I love shooting mine, I shoot an older vanguard Sub-moa before the range certified. My FIL bought the same gun well after I had mine, he doesn't shoot it. He told me he was thinking about selling it. I asked how much, I think I can make room in the safe for it

Well, I've tried a few powders with my Mark V Ultra Lightweight.
Have 7lbs of Vihtavouri N555.
Found several lbs of Ramshot LRT at now is a really decent price.
And IMR 7828.
Bullet is the 115gr Nosler Ballistic Tip.

LRT (much like RL26) liked the powder charge on the high end.

N555 liked a charge in the middle of the ladder. (Same in my 7mm WBY, 25-06, and 257 Roberts AI).

Found a really good node low in ladder with IMR 7828.

Nice pickup in the 6.5-300. Those are interesting too, but are definitely hard on barrels. I shot 1 barrel out of my 257 weatherby already, and am starting on the 2nd.

The new barrel is a 1:7 twist and shoots 128gr Hammer bullets well. If I was called to go elk hunting and had to leave tomorrow I would definitely grab the 257 weatherby to go on the trip. I have plenty of confidence in the rifle and the bullet even on elk.