.25 wsm

I have one. Performance is great, but it is finicky. Brass prep seems to be the biggest issue. Better to start with Norma 270WSM brass and go from there. Plan on neck turning as the necks are already thick and just get thicker upon necking down to .257. I shoot 110 Accubonds @ ~3475fps. 25" Hart #4 barrel. MagPro, RL22 and IMR7828 work best for me.

I have never owned one but have been told that with equal barrels they will not outperform a 25-06, and they are a lot harder on the throats. I'm not bashing, this is what I was told by several others, but I also have never heard anyone complain about there accuracy, so its all in what you like.

25 wsm performance to date has been super. My hunting rifle puts 100 gr and 120 gr in tight groups. It's a performer. It's a little tricky. Maximum loads are not necessarily the most accurate. RL 22 is the current powder, std primers. I am sure that there are other powders that will work just haven't had the opportunity to try them out. Accubonds have been proven to be accurate at range. If you are interested in a new and different type of cal, try the 25 wsm . My version is 25 x 270 wsm. It's a hot rod!

Yeah I was pretty sure he meant wssm, not 25x270wsm cause id have to be crazy to think that wouldn't out run a 25-06. There almost as stout as 257 wby!

You are correct that the 25 Pronghorn is right there beside the 257 Weatherby. It may be even better. That being said. There is a lot of confusion between the WSM and WSSM but a world of difference in capacity, size, and performance shooting the same bullet!

can anyone here give some new info on the powders their using for the 25 pronghorn ?
what grain of powder charge for 100 grain noslers are you using ?
im getting ready to build a 25 pronghorn

I use 64 grains of H4831 with a 100 grain Nosler BT. I have found over the years with the 25 WSM, the necks are too thick with some reamers and need to be turned. A fired case should allow a bullet to fall in with out having to push it hard. Another thing, I have found the 115 Nosler to be a lot better bullet for hunting.
Also the Nosler manual for the 270 WSM with the 160 grain bullets, The loads shown there are very close to the loads that are max with 115 gr bullets in my rifle.