25 Creedmoor

Mine is a 7 twist and still shoots 115 begers great. I'll never go much lighter than that. I started with blackjacks and am happy with them. Tried some 133 begers yesterday for fun. Looks like they're going to shoot well. ES of 7, 1/2" of vertical at 425 yards, switchy wind opened the group to 4" so I'll need to confirm. I have 25cm brass from alpha and lapua 6.5 brass that I necked down. Both are great but the lapua has more case capacity.

Mine is a 7 twist and still shoots 115 begers great. I'll never go much lighter than that. I started with blackjacks and am happy with them. Tried some 133 begers yesterday for fun. Looks like they're going to shoot well. ES of 7, 1/2" of vertical at 425 yards, switchy wind opened the group to 4" so I'll need to confirm. I have 25cm brass from alpha and lapua 6.5 brass that I necked down. Both are great but the lapua has more case capacity.
Any additional prep of the lapua brass or just a neck down?

Any additional prep of the lapua brass or just a neck down?
I turned the necks. I doubt I would have had to. I just skimmed off the high spots.

One other note. While the alpha brass is really consistent it would hang up in my savage action. It would tilt out at a 45 degree angle and stick. I moved the barrel over to my bighorn action and there is no issue. No problem with the Lapua brass in either action.

And will a 8 twist barrel be fast enough for the 133 elite hunter?
I am currently breaking in a 24 inch 1-8 brux SPR prefit 25CM. I've shot 50 rounds with the 135s and 50 of the 133s. With rl16 and hybrid 100v it easily shot .6-.8 moa, and did get over 2900 with 43 grains of RL16. 43 grains hybrid 100v 2870-2880.

With N550 I was able to get it under .4 moa and lower ES/SD than the other powders, but only been shooting 100 yards. Tonight I'm going to load 50 rounds with the N550 40.5 grains and it is 2850 fps. Barrel seems to still be breaking in. With this 50 I'll start shooting at longer ranges and see if the accuracy holds.

Did not try H4350 because I don't have any on hand.

Last edited: