25 creedmoor/ 25prc

Minimum no turn neck .165 Freebore (Lapua brass). I set mine up for the 135gr Berger's. Not the 131gr Blackjack. Their reamer throat is too short for the 135's to get max performance.
Thanks. What is the COAL? My only issue with the straightjacket 25PRC is how far the bullet is in the case. I personally would like them out a little farther.

EDIT: With the 133 Berger I am 2.891 at .020 off the lands. My next one will be somewhere around 2.990.

Attachments

• BF7E8A06-7237-4138-B03F-1A9575BB2C1D.jpeg
    BF7E8A06-7237-4138-B03F-1A9575BB2C1D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:
There is a great misinterpretation of what produces 'maximum performance'. But this is a discussion for later.

The simple method of creating a chamber is to start at the beginning when the gunsmith is getting ready to cut the chamber. Make up dummy cartridges using the bullets you intend to use and be sure those bullets are secure in the neck of the case. This can be discussed with the gunsmith so you can take advantage of his experience and knowledge. The gunsmith can then use the primary reamer and a throating reamer to adjust the chamber to accommodate the bullets and the seating depth.

If your chamber is already cut but you find you'd like to have less of the bullet protruding into the case, ask your gunsmith to adjust the chamber to a dummy cartridge you supply. This is usually done with a throating reamer or the PTG version they call the Uni-Throater. If your gunsmith doesn't have one on hand, you might buy one and have it on hand for your later chambers.

Enjoy!

:)

I had a 25 Creedmoor built on a Tikka action 5 or so months ago. 24" fluted Brux #3, 1-7.

I also had JGS do a .25 PRC reamer for me and I have a Manson .25-.284 reamer sitting here. I haven't used either yet. I use the 25 CM for deer, coyotes and chucks. It's throated for 135 Berger's but I currently shoot the Berger 115gr Classic Hunter @ 3172. I want fast and flat with this rifle. I shoot Berger 135gr Classic Hunter's in my 6.5 Creedmoor's. I have taken mule deer with the 115gr Berger with excellent results. I'm looking forward to Hornady releasing their new heavy 25 cal here in the near future.
What powder for the 25cm?