25 Creed Brass and Bullet Suggestions

I vote SRP, and you can always use CCI450 primers for subzero temps.

When I got my brass, I went Lapua 6CM SRP brass. Great prices at $96/100pcs. I necked up with a .256" expander.

But, the MAIN reason I went Lapua brass, Pererson and Alpha 25CM SRP were both out of stock for a couple months before while I was looking.

I have shot quite a bit of Peterson brass with good luck. I am using Alpha .260 Rem SRP brass in my .260AI, and it has proven to ve very good as well.

My teenage son is building his first custom rifle. The selection of quality LH rifles has lead us to this decision. This will be a hunting rifle as well as a target rifle. We wanted a cartridge that had "long range" performance with minimal recoil.

We are trying to do it on a slight budget, here is the list sent to the gunsmith:

Big Horn Origin SA .308 BF LH (25 Creedmoor)
Rock Creek Carbon Sendero, Cut Rifle, 5R, 7 TW
AG Composite Adj Armor LH
Hawkins Hunter DBM M5
Accurate Mags
Trigger Tech Primary LH
Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50/56 in NF Rings

We plan on getting 6.5 Creedmoor Redding Type S dies with micrometer seater. From my understanding that is all we need with 25 cal bushings?

Should we buy Peterson SRP, Peterson LRP or Lapua 6 Creed brass? I would prefer proper headstamp brass, however, I have only ever loaded Lapua brass. I do not want to turn necks.

Also, would you suggest the 133 Berger or the 135 Berger? Plan is to start with H4350 or RL26.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Steve
Where did you get a rock creek barrel that's carbon?

@zr600 My 7 Sherman Short is also being built with a carbon Rock Creek. The gunsmith that is building both rifles wraps barrels for Rock Creek and Mullerworks.