25-284 success

It was a JGS reamer speced for the 131BJ. This rifle has a 7.5 twist just for the heavies. Was told that the 115 Berger was a great choice as wellI, but if the 133 keeps on doing what it did to the swine I see no need to try anything else. Going to see what RL26 can offer over H1000. If like my 6.5PRC it will be another 150 fps, time will tell.
Duke did you ever test the RL26? if so would you mind sharing some of your data please? thank you

I did try it, but the barrel never shot anything consistently. I tried 4 bullets, just as many powders, 2 primers and never got repeatable results. I would get one good group but the next looked like buckshot. I sent the barrel back to Proof and it was lost in the mail. I sent the action and stock to Joel at Terminus, he checked everything out screwed a new barrel on it and shot a .3" or so group with factory ammo. So the ignition and bedding were fine. I'm waiting on a new barrel to be spun up. So more testing in the future.

I did try it, but the barrel never shot anything consistently. I tried 4 bullets, just as many powders, 2 primers and never got repeatable results. I would get one good group but the next looked like buckshot. I sent the barrel back to Proof and it was lost in the mail. I sent the action and stock to Joel at Terminus, he checked everything out screwed a new barrel on it and shot a .3" or so group with factory ammo. So the ignition and bedding were fine. I'm waiting on a new barrel to be spun up. So more testing in the future.
Wow what an ordeal! Sorry you have had to deal with that mess. I am going start at 49grns and just work up until I see pressure. Thanks for the reply.

IMG_1198.jpeg

Well done Duke!
I'm shooting 124g Hammer Hunters in my 6.5x284 behind 53g of RL 26 with 100 yd same hole results. It also consistently smacks the center of the 600 yd gong at my range. It's a favorite right now and I can't wait to try it on something besides paper and steel.
I wish I had hogs close by.
No you don't lol.

Well done. I have a Manson 25-284 reamer I haven't used yet. I'm going to rebarrel a Tikka I have as soon as I shoot the barrel out. It's currently chambered in 25 Creedmoor. I use it for coyotes and chucks( 115gr Berger "Hunter" @ 3172). It wears a 24" Brux #3 in a 1-7 twist.

Whose barrel and twist rate did you go with? I have Berger 133, and 135gr bullets. I have yet to pick up any of the new Hornady 134gr ELD-M's.

It was a JGS reamer speced for the 131BJ. This rifle has a 7.5 twist just for the heavies. Was told that the 115 Berger was a great choice as wellI, but if the 133 keeps on doing what it did to the swine I see no need to try anything else. Going to see what RL26 can offer over H1000. If like my 6.5PRC it will be another 150 fps, time will tell.
Where are you finding RL-26?

Great shooting. I just got mine back from the smith with the new barrel. That's why I asked about the 26. I loaded some of the 133's over some H1000, sighted it in at 100. Went to 300 and shots 5,6, and 7 gave me this group with some crazy wind.

Attachments

• DC74A747-0978-483A-8389-5445D2583A67.jpeg
    DC74A747-0978-483A-8389-5445D2583A67.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 42