Hoggin in central Florida ( success)

Oldschool280

So after a much anticipated and well planned roadtrip i descended on okeechobee outfitters in central florida. Meeting up with good friends and my cousin bill. ( i left the wife and kids at a koa about an hour away) . Between the four of us we had a257 roberts , 308 win, m44 mosin, and my goold old 760 gamemaster in 280 rem. i wasn't in the blind for more than twenty minutes when piglets arrived, about a half dozen. I waited a good hour after that and still saw nothing that wouldnt explode after being hit with a 139 grain sst. Then came the rain, boy was i glad i had the blind with a tin roof, everybody else was in a treestand with a poncho. Soon after the deluge came the piglets , and their larger friends . At 75 yards i let one fly into a perfectly broadside 100 pound male. Much to my surprise he ran 25 yards into the thickett, i went in after him and at that point i realized why everybody else had a sidearm. You could hear them suckers rooting around and huffin and puffin. I grabbed the hind legs and retreated, pounding my way out and taking some thorns along the way. Shortly thereafter i heard the. 308, ( fire four round, the roberts two , and the mosin nothing) cousin bill learned not to **** on his treestand. Waiting for the guide to come back as the sun set, the hogs returned, this time a broadside shot at a buckfifty . Once again the hog ran for a short distance then expired. When we returned to camp, i learned the 257 made two head shots which dropped them instantaneously , the 308 made four shots on the same hog , all hits ( he left with a six pack cooler full of meat the rest was buzzard food) his scope was loose and he wound up hitting the hams . All in all a great day and a good value, i paid $375 for the hunt and the two hogs quartered. Looking to return soon this time with the 6.5 swede or mini 14 .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 162
They were super cool, and they have really nice cabins for overnight hunt's , where they guarantee a kill, they do turkeys gator's and more

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.