Morning Success

Jinx

My friend invited me to go hog bush pig hunting over the weekend. We hunt them with dogs here in South Africa when the corn is big.

The started out well and is was not long before there were four hogs down. The one pictured eluded us the whole time. The dogs started to make in a certain direction and I knew the pigs was finished running in circles. I made my way around the field just in time to find her running out. She paused for a moment when the 264 barked sending a 140 gr SST. The bullet hit her on the ear and exited on the opposite side. Now the farmer can sleep easier at night.

IMG_5618.jpg

Congrats on a good hunt! The corn makes for decreased visibility and added excitement here in the SE US also. Our dogs bay and catch, do yours bay or just trail?

Congrats on a good hunt! The corn makes for decreased visibility and added excitement here in the SE US also. Our dogs bay and catch, do yours bay or just trail?

The dogs we use mostly bay and we prefer it that way. The bush pigs over here are very aggressive and slice a dog open very easily. So the experienced dogs usually keep a safe distance unless its a smaller pig then they would catch it and hold onto it. We lost once 8 dogs with a very aggressive boar. We could not get to the dogs fast enough and the boar started to chase the dogs.

Sounds like yall have a good time. I never thought of corn and such green vegetation in S Africa. I guess most pictures we see are taken during the winter. Post some more pic of your hunts and your dogs if you get a chance!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.