25-06 Ruger target rifle

Deahl

I just acquired a Ruger Target rifle, 1996 version. What's a good factory round to get started with? I'll reload after I get some cases gathered up. Near as I found, it's got a 10" twist, with a 5 found capacity. It's topped with a Bushnell Banner scope in 4-16 with a red/green lighted reticle. I haven't found any user manual for the scope to figure how it's correctly used. Any extra information would be appreciated.

I would say pick your poison. The 2 samples of that rifle in 25-06 I have had the joy to shoot were able to digest just about everything. We had amazing results with the Winchester 90 grain Positive Expanding Points, but the Federal premium 100 grain B-tips also shot ridiculously well. Handloaded the Sierra 90gr. gameking, Nosler 110 grain Accubond and Barnes 100gr TSX have been great out of those guns with great velocities from that long gray tube. Nice find, I always thought that rifle was Rugers best effort by far.

Got a 223 Ruger target , shoot tweet birds at 200 yard, Get a better scope . Banner is at the low end of Bushnell scopes. Excellent rife. Don't care for plastic stocks.

Mine is a old tang 77..I used 56 grains of R22 and 100 grain Nosler ballistic tip witha 210m primer..will shoot lights out...might try 7828 with heavier bullets like 115 berger.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.