25-06 28" loading ballistics

Savage 25-06

OK, you may have seen my post on Barrel length suggestions. Well I have decided.
A Hart Barrel 28" 1-9 Twist
I'll shoot mainly 115gr - 120gr Bullets and powder H4831SC

So I'm looking for reload and ballistics data to see what ball park I'll be in.

If anyone knows this information or can point me in the right Direction I'd be grateful.

Savage 25-06 gun)

If you have an iPhone available download isnipe in the apps. I highly recommend it! I have used it for a year now and it is the best and easiest ballistics calculator I have seen so far. I hope this helps!

Oh and by the way.... I also shoot a savage 25-06 with a 26" mcgowen barrel. It's a great gun! I have shot this out to a mile with the Berger vld's. Not too consistent out that far but I was amazed I was making shots within a couple feet of a 18" metal swinger!

First, go to this website:

Hodgdon Reloading | Home

With the info you provided, I found a MV of 2856 fps.

Take that info and use the following website to download JBM:

JBM

After the download and install of the software, using the info found from the first website with all the other variables, temp, pressure, altitude, etc and you'll have a fairly close read on the ballistics of your new rifle. It won't be exact, but a close start to see where you might want to end up!

The only way to get absolute data is to have the rifle and components and shoot them!!

Glad to help Savage 25-06!!

I remember starting out about 7 or 8 years ago and knowing pretty much nothing about everything gun related, especially customizing Savages...ballistics even less!!

I have 2 switch barrel rigs now, one short action the other a long action, 3 barrels for the long action(6mmAI 338-06 & 30-06 which was the factory barrel), but only one so far for the short action(260AI).

It was boards like this that helped me gain the knowledge I have today, and it would be rude of me to not pass that on to you!!

Good luck with your build gun)

coyotekiller82 Thanks, I appreciate you passing on the info. I'll be sure to pay it forward as well. We know how hard this information is to find, knowing what I do now I think I will do as some others and make a site for this information, or share it on those sites either way folks should have as many reference points as possible, no one is taking business away from anyone as we who want to learn this are going to, as there will always be those who just want to buy it NOW!!! and have it.

Thanks Again.

Savage 25-06 gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.