25-06 115 gr nosler load data

retiredcpo

Any one have any load data for the 115 gr Nosler BT's in 25-06?
I would prefer to use H4350, H4831SC or varget since thats what I have on hand
Have not been able to find any data
Retiredcpo

I've been using 49 grains of 4350 the last couple of years with that bullet, COL of 3.734.

Actually that's the load I use most for 'yotes and such. Haven't run it over my chronograph because it just flat works and I don't want to mess with it.

That sounds promising
do you know if thats mid range or hot ?
I have reall good 85 gr load but hoping to buck the wind alittle better
with the 115
retiredcpo

I used to shoot 53 grns of H4831 SC and a 115 grn Nosler BT at around 3100'/sec out of a 26" barrel..........Winchester brass, CCI match primer, .010-.025 off the lands. It was a Ruger 77 heavy barrel varmint rifle.

...............now that I think about it, that was the load I was shooting when I took a buck antelope double lung at around 550+ yds once upon a time.........prior to rangefinders, had to pace it off.

..............buck dropped stone cold dead right in his tracks, good bullet for long range deer/antelope if it will shoot good in your gun. I used that bullet/load for quite a few years, and it accounted for a double handful of deer and antelope from 30 yds to the 550+ I mentioned...........I always aimed for lungs though, don't know how it would handle a shoulder bone at close range.

Last edited:
Senior Chief, I'm looking at the Nosler reloading guide No.6 and it shows 49gr IMR4350 as a max load with a published velocity of 3095 fps. It is listed as the most accurate load using the most accurate powder.

I've not encountered any over pressure signs, ie. primer flattening or heavy bolt lift or extraction, but like the book say's it's best to approach max loads cautiously.

Good shooting Senior Chief!

Ok went to the range today
tried several powders with the 115 gr Nosler BT's and the 117gr Hornady SST's
All shot around 1 in groups but nothing to get excitted over
Except
46 GR of 4350 shot 1 hole groups so I am going to load 50 more and chrono them and play with the turret and reticle
on another up side I tried RL19 and it was not great but my buddies gun shot one hole so he got aload as well(nothing he loaded worked)

Also found a great 120 gr vmax load for my 7MM
found out my 223 load is to hot(heavy ring around the primmer) for my buddies new remington now we will be looking for a load for him.
retiredcpo

You can use 117 gr bullet data. I personally use 49 gr IMR 4350 with 115 or 117 bullets and cci 250 primers for great accuracy and around 3000 fps.

Guess I was a bit confusing in my last past
I got 1 hole groups with 46 gr of 4350 which is great
going to chrono them to see how fast im going and maybee try alittle more
All other powders where not better the 1 moa
retiredcpo

Hey I'm glad that you are doing a little leg work on this. I just picked up a box to try in my 25-06. I hope that you have good findings with your chrono.

I load for a browning a bolt in 2506. Shooting a max dose of Imr 4350 with a 115 bt. This rifle liked to be run at full throttle. The more powder I fed it the tighter the groups got. 49.5 gr is where I ended up but that was a max load. Work up slowly. 48-49 gr is max in most manuals. Nosler brass and a 210m primer.

I plan on chronoing everythin this week end hopefully if not at some of our guns
not really sure what its going to tell us since we have never used one before
should be interesting just got my first one a CED
retiredcpo

I use 57.5grns re25 in win brass with br-2s for that bullet at 3.315". Get some of that, load up a few and put em through your chrony:D

As has been mentioned a couple times indirectly. The 25-06 likes to be loaded to the max to really shoot. 52 grs H-4831 is also a pretty good load with 115 to 120 gr bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.