25-06 data, 100gr Nosler Etips, Barnes and 115 Bergers?

Out of curiousity, what seating depth seems to provide best performance in your Sendero?

You know I really haven't played with seating depth on this rifle. I set my die up to shoot the 110 ab .020 off the lands. My best accuracy with those was a full case so I needed all the case capacity I could get. I decided to try the sierras and left my seating die the same and just checked that my bullet wasn't touching the lands. I just now measured it and it is .005 off. This is closer than i would want for a hunting rifle but it is my antelope gun and I don't need to chamber a round til I'm gonna shoot. I would never load my elk gun this close but, I don't have time to tinker with seating depth as antelope season starts next weekend. Perhaps my accuracy could improve a little but under .75 moa is just fine for me, especially since it will shoot this at the same poi with a clean or dirty barrel and with new or fireformed brass. I was hoping to shoot the Bergers because of the BC and I love em in my 7 mag but, why mess with great consistency?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.