243 Ammo Recommendation for T3x

MOST of the Older, .243 Win Tikka's,.. ARE,. 1-10 Twist and shoot, very "Well' with, 70 to 100 gr Bullets.
The "Sweet Spot" for, Bullet weight, being,,.. 80 to, 95 gr !
My grandson "Thump's" Deer with, the 87 Berger H-VLD's and Practices with, 87 grain, V-Maxes ( Same Powder chg. )

I ordered:
Barnes 85gr. TSX
Nosler 90gr. BT
Nosler Accubond 90gr.
Hornady Whitetail 100gr.
Sierra Gamekings 100gr.
Federal Blue Box 75gr.

Gotta choose a scope and I will be ready to test. I am set up to reload so looking forward to trying some of the recipes recommended in this thread.

Looking at Leupold VX-3 or VX-5 and also Zeiss V4. Also lookin at the Trijicon Credo in 2.5-15

Any votes there?

My son's, Zeiss V-4 Conquest, is Awesome and "Tracks",.. perfectly !
You will probably get, your Best Performance from, the 90 grainers in a 1-10 TW Tikka..
I shot Both, 100 gr. Bullets, in Hand loads and got,.. "Acceptable" groups of,.. 3/4 to 1 MOA

I ordered:
Barnes 85gr. TSX
Nosler 90gr. BT
Nosler Accubond 90gr.
Hornady Whitetail 100gr.
Sierra Gamekings 100gr.
Federal Blue Box 75gr.

Gotta choose a scope and I will be ready to test. I am set up to reload so looking forward to trying some of the recipes recommended in this thread.

Looking at Leupold VX-3 or VX-5 and also Zeiss V4. Also lookin at the Trijicon Credo in 2.5-15

Any votes there?

Credo for sure on that list.

I think the 8 twists are marked as such. If it's not marked, the cleaning rod trick will tell you for sure.

95 gr nosler ballistic tip is the go to for a 10 twist 243. If it's 8 twist, try the 100+gr eldm and eld x bullets

only a few ask the question: The twist rate ? may be the same gun but a different twist will make the difference in bullets being used ! Never hunted with the 243 Win- used it as a chuck gun- loved the 85gr sierra's- mine did anyway using a pre 70 winchester. Was my first rifle and love it.

Let me begin by saying that 0 of the people here at the ranch shoot a Tikka 243, but there are 8 rifles in 243 here, and they have over time decided that the best shooting factory ammo in them overall is Federal 85 grain, so that is what they all shoot now, and it works amazingly well in my opinion. I borrowed a Browning BLR from my bosses 12 year old daughter, and it would shoot under 0.5 inch moa at 100 yards consistently with the Federal 85.

Let me begin by saying that 0 of the people here at the ranch shoot a Tikka 243, but there are 8 rifles in 243 here, and they have over time decided that the best shooting factory ammo in them overall is Federal 85 grain, so that is what they all shoot now, and it works amazingly well in my opinion. I borrowed a Browning BLR from my bosses 12 year old daughter, and it would shoot under 0.5 inch moa at 100 yards consistently with the Federal 85.
Which Federal round is that? I got a box of 75 grain power shock ammo (Federal Blue Box). But I'd like to try the one you are using.

Which Federal round is that? I got a box of 75 grain power shock ammo (Federal Blue Box). But I'd like to try the one you are using.
Screenshot_20231110-083017_Firefox.jpg

Recent Posts