240 Wby

where did you buy it. I saw them advertised on wbys site a while back but have only seen one for sale online and it was allready sold.

i shot the berger 95vld and the hornady 105a-max over H4831. could only get 3200ish with the 105s.

my vanguard turned the 105s noproblem out to 400 yards

For years I used 53.5 grains of IMR 7828, Fed 215 and 95 grain Nosler Partitions. I got 3/4 inch groups at about 3340 fps. This is a max load in the Nosler Manual, so work up the load with caution. I used this for dozens of coyotes and also took 2 deer with it. Since I live in California pig country I wanted enough gun to take a pig with it while coyote hunting. I never did shoot a pig with it, but for coyotes I never had a wounded or slow dying animal. They dropped dead on the spot with the 95 grainers. Interesting is also that for all the coyotes I shot with it they had very little pelt damage. I always aimed for the shoulder. I also used 100 grain Nosler Partitions on coyotes, but had much greater pelt damage. The 2 deer I shot with the 95s had small exit wounds about the size of a quarter or less. I think the 95s must be a harder bullet than the 100. This rifle is a Weatherby Mk 5 with a McMillan stock. I loaded the bullets as long as the magazine would allow. Hope this helps.
BTW, sadly, where I hunt is now a lead free zone and the gun is collecting dust in my gun safe until I work up some new loads with non-lead.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.